What is Patient Information Management System
- Improve the performance of the health care system, within the bounds of appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality of private health records.
- Typical patient health record system that provides complete and accurate summary of the health record that can be access at an instant in s specified controlled environment.
- Provides medical history, laboratory test, list of medicines taken, room mapping, drug to drug interaction checking, electronic messaging between patients and providers, and other relevant information of the patient.
- Facilitates the capture, storage, processing, communication, security, and presentation of computer-based patient record information.
- Remote accessibility of information online to anyone should have the necessary electronic credentials to view the information.
- Store all information of patient details and free beds or room in hospital quickly and simple.
- Other functions include search patient, view, edit or delete patient’s information, beds rooms or list of doctor in hospital.
- It can also be helpful for the nurse in providing healthcare services.
Census Taking Process via Patient Information Management System
- All the data are being transferred accordingly to the main data repository.
- This data base system should be capable of handling huge amount of information without the delay of process time.
- The data base system should also have the capability to transfer data from other system.
- The data collected is processed in the main processor so that the hospital census can be established.
- The census processing system should have reporting systems that are automatically generated by computed program which can interpret results.
- All the data will be analyzed and subjected to scrutiny of the department involved in the study.
Schematic Representation of Census Taking Process