- Tray with bedpan brush, bedpan swab
- Short-sleeved gown
- Can of disinfectant solution
- Soap or any cleanser
- Several pieces of dusting cloth
II. Procedure for Cleaning Bedpans and Urinals
- Put on the short-sleeved gown
- Collect the bedpans
- Empty the contents one by one into the hoper. Wash with clean cold water. Use brush p.r.n. Follow with hot water.
- Put the bedpan in the scan of disinfectant
- Remove after, wash inside and outside with warm soapy water. Remove any stains using the cleanser
- Rinse with hot water
- Wipe to dry with the bedpan wiper and hang it at the bedpan rack.