- Administer fungal foot sprays
- Be sure to dry the patient’s feet thoroughly, especially between the toes, and remove dead or thickened skin carefully before applying medicines (sprays / powders / ointments).
- Teach the client to keep his feet as dry as possible, including the area between the toes.
- Small pieces of cotton can be placed between the toes at night to absorb moisture.
- Socks should be made of absorbent white cotton because synthetic material does not absorb perspiration.
- Instruct the client to apply talcum powder or antifungal powder twice daily.
- Instruct the client to alternate shoes so they can dry completely before being worn again.
Monitor for marked pain, pronounced skin changes such as spreading to other areas, extreme redness, oozing, extreme cracking, or other persistent problems.