Role the Nurse in Physical Examination
1. Nurse plays an important role in the program of prevention of disease not only by encouraging the individual to have such as examination but also by her tact and a kill in assisting in such a way as to minimize embarrassment to the patient.
2. Explanation as to what is to be done and why usually facilitate the procedure both for the doctor and the patient and will make the patient more relaxed and more cooperative.
3. Nurse can render invaluable assistance in expanding the examiner’s work and in conserving the patient’s strength. Most thorough examination is lengthy and tiring.
4. When patient is a woman, the presence of nurse prevents embarrassment to the patient and it protects the physician from any court action in case patient complains.
5. Nurse is held responsible in having all equipment and articles ready for the examination, preparing the patient accordingly, anticipating the physician’s needs and taking care of the used articles after the examination.
I. Purpose To prepare the body for the morgue. To prevent discoloration or deformity of the body. To protect the body from post mortom discharge. II. Equipments Tray with: Basin of warm water, a basin of lysol solution 2% Soap in dish, pair of scissors, comb or brush Bath towel and wash cloth Surgical dressings […]
I. Purpose To strengthen the patient gradually. To provide a change in position. (In wheelchair to take her around for a change) II. Equipment Chair or wheelchair Patient’s robe and slippers Pillows Blanket, sheet or draw sheet
(To stretcher or vice versa) Method I: (When patient is strong) Replace the top sheet with blanket. Draw the patient to the side of the bed. Place stretcher parallel to bed. Steady stretcher and let patient roll or side over on it. Method II: (With the help of the patient and nurse assisting: Replace the […]
I. Purpose To refresh the patient and prepare line him for sleep To promote muscular relaxation To prevent bedsore II. Preparation of Patient and Environment A try containing: Basin of warm water Alcohol 70% Soap in soap dish Talcum powder Hair comb or brush Bath towel & wash cloth Pitcher of warm water Mouth wash […]
I. Purpose To prevent bacterial infection. To prevent formation of sores. To promote cleanliness, comfort and health. To enable the patient to articulate distinctly thus requiring less effort make himself understood. II. When to wash the Mouth After waking up in the morning. After meals. At bed time. In accordance with doctor’s order.